Mental Floss is hiring an Associate Editor to contribute to our Commerce section. Are you obsessed with finding unusual gifts for your friends and relatives? Do you love leaving reviews for every product you buy? Then this is the job for you.
This person will have the ability to find products that are both quirky and smart—tea bags that look like goldfish, the items chefs say everyone should have in their kitchens—and be able to sniff out a good sale. Primary responsibilities include conceiving, assigning, and editing product posts that fit Mental Floss’s smart, quirky voice and positive tone. In addition to writing and editing daily product posts, the Associate Editor will add affiliate links to existing posts, maintain an editorial calendar for affiliate content, and assign stories. They will also edit news posts, help with video scripts, and pitch in on things like book projects and event planning. The position is full-time and offers flexibility to work from home. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to produce fun and interesting commerce content for a major media brand.
- 2+ years of editing, writing, and assigning experience in the affiliates/commerce space
- A keen eye for spotting fun products and determining what makes those products appealing to Mental Floss readers
- Strong editorial judgment
- A natural curiosity and the ability to generate tons of story ideas
- An energetic, positive written voice (and attitude!)
- The ability to turn around constructive feedback to writers quickly
- Excellent time management skills, the ability to prioritize, and a high level of attention to detail
- Experience with affiliate networks like CJ, Impact, Rakuten, and Amazon
- The ability to juggle multiple projects while staying on deadline
- A willingness to take ownership of projects and collaborate with the rest of the team
- Familiarity with SEO tools like SEMrush
- Knowledge of analytics, and the ability to track and analyze data
- The ability to maintain an affiliate calendar to ensure consistent volume
- A clear understanding of Mental Floss’s mission, voice, and audience
- Newsletter experience
- Basic Photoshop skills a plus
How to Apply
You can apply to be an Associate Editor for Mental Floss here!
Minute Media is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Not sure that you’re 100 percent qualified but are up for the challenge? We want you to apply!